Woman prisoner tries to escape by scaling 22-feet jail wallOctober 26th, 2008 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Oct 26 (IANS) A woman prisoner scaled a 22-feet jail wall and jumped off it to escape but broke her leg during the fall and was caught by the prison guards, the police said.Amrika Bai, 28, is facing a 10-year jail term since 2007 and late Saturday dodged the jail security to try and escape by scaling the complex wall.
But she was caught when the guards deployed outside the jail complex spotted her. She tried to run away with a fractured leg and bruises but the guards caught her.
She was immediately operated upon by doctors at the Ambedkar Government Hospital here. The doctors have put a plaster on her broken leg and the jail authorities brought her back to her cell Sunday, a police official said here.
The jail authorities have begun a probe to find out how she managed to dodge heavy security inside the jail and scale the 22-foot high wall.
- Manhunt launched after 8 escape from Haryana jail - Jan 18, 2012
- Girl's letter to judge saves mother from jail - Feb 22, 2012
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- Battered baby battles for life, parents untraceable - Jan 27, 2012
- Punjab jail riot leaves one dead - Nov 21, 2011
- British teen plunges to death - Apr 11, 2012
- Prison Guard Jayme Biendl Found Dead At Monroe Correctional Complex - Feb 01, 2011
- Police probing escape of Bangladeshi undertrials - Aug 29, 2012
- Madhu Koda, ex-Minister shifted from hospital to jail - Dec 30, 2011
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Three inmates flee Tripura jail - Sep 05, 2011
- Alleged Libyan rape victim says she was freed after medical test proved her story - Apr 05, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- Falak coping well after fifth surgery: Doctor - Feb 22, 2012
- Prisoner dies while trying to escape from jail - Mar 23, 2010