Woman official in Punjab attempts suicideJanuary 1st, 2009 - 12:23 pm ICT by IANS
Patiala, Jan 1 (IANS) A woman revenue official in Punjab has been admitted to a hospital here after she attempted suicide in this town, 80 km from Chandigarh, police officials said Thursday.The woman, Jaspal Kaur, a ‘Naib Tehsildar’ in the revenue department, consumed some poisonous substance after paying obeisance at a gurudwara (Sikh shrine) here Wednesday.
She was rushed to the Rajindra Medical college and hospital here where doctors said that her condition was now stable.
The official told the police that her senior officers had been sexually harassing her for the last few years and had even stopped giving her salary to ensure she does their bidding.
She said that she attempted suicide as she could no longer take the physical and mental torture.
Patiala divisional commissioner Jasbir Singh Bir, who visited her in hospital here, has ordered a probe into the incident. The additional deputy commissioner of Sangrur has been asked to probe the matter.
- IAS officer suspended in Punjab over land deal - May 08, 2012
- NHRC urged to help woman who tried to end life - Apr 29, 2012
- Woman victim of land fraud consumes poison - Apr 24, 2012
- Saviour machines become death-trap for Punjab infants (Roundup) - Jan 31, 2009
- Naval woman kills self at Metro station - Dec 14, 2011
- Suicides in Gurgaon: Over 100 cases in four months - May 11, 2012
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Probe ordered into Jagir Kaur's VIP treatment in jail - Apr 03, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Convicted Jagir Kaur remains a VIP in prison - Mar 31, 2012
- Woman arrested for poisoning two children - Mar 23, 2010
- Woman molested for spurning Trinamool, tries suicide - Apr 18, 2012
- Haryana officials to face action for delaying help - Jun 23, 2011
- Two booked for driving government employee to suicide - Jan 27, 2011
- Punjab lawmaker's sting catches doctor at wrong place - Aug 30, 2012