Woman, mother-in-law die in fireNovember 22nd, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 22 (IANS) A woman and her mother-in-law died after a fire that broke out in a chemical factory in east Kolkata’s Tiljala area Tuesday spread to their house, a minister said.
“The fire started in a chemical factory around 9 a.m. and spread to the adjacent house. Munni Begum and her mother-in-law Anisha Khatun who were inside the house died in the fire,” said state Fire Services Minister Javed Khan.
A police officer said the two victims could not get out of the house as it was locked from outside by a member who had gone to fetch the children from school.
“People entered the house by breaking a compound wall and found the two bodies. The fire, most probably, was caused by short circuit,” said Khan.
- Twins charred to death - Jul 26, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata factory - Dec 20, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Factory gutted in Kolkata - Apr 01, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata go-down, no casualty - Feb 03, 2012
- Man, four family members get life for wife's death - Mar 12, 2011
- Relatives say fire fighters came late, minister denies - Dec 09, 2011
- Bengal minister, promoter almost come to blows - Jun 26, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Two killed in fire at Andhra pharma factory - Dec 19, 2011
- Taliban kill woman accused of murdering mother-in-law in Afghanistan - Oct 17, 2010
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Flames, hot tongs kill woman visiting quack - Apr 13, 2011