Woman Maoist surrenders in OrissaDecember 30th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Dec 30 (IANS) An 18-year-old woman Maoist Wednesday surrendered to the police in Orissa’s Rayagada district to escape a forced marriage with a fellow guerrilla, authorities said.
Laxmi Pidkaka alias Sunita, area committee member of Jangudi Dalam, a local unit of the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), has surrendered, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh told IANS.
The surrender took place at Rayagada, some 390 km from here.
Pidkaka was a resident of Gulunda village in Rayagada district and wanted in more than a dozen crimes in the southern districts of Rayagada and Gajapati.
She joined the Maoist outfit in 2006 and decided to quit the party after some rebels wanted her to marry a cadre of neighbouring Chhattisgarh state.
- Woman Maoist surrenders in Orissa - May 01, 2010
- Maoist area commander surrenders with daughters - Aug 11, 2011
- Security up in Orissa ahead of Maoist martyrs week - Jul 27, 2010
- Four Maoists surrender in Orissa - Jun 25, 2011
- Maoist surrenders in Orissa - Sep 03, 2011
- Maoist strike hits life in Orissa - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoist wanted in several criminal cases held - Jun 21, 2010
- Three Maoists surrender in Orissa - Feb 28, 2010
- Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 21, 2011
- Four Maoists surrender in Odisha - May 25, 2012
- Orissa Maoist involved in two murders held - Aug 14, 2010
- Police unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Jul 18, 2012
- Three Maoists surrender in Orissa - Mar 05, 2011
- Five Maoists held in Orissa - Dec 15, 2010
- Two minors among five Maoists held in Orissa (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: alias, area committee, ashish kumar, authorities, bhubaneswar, committee member, communist party of india, CPI, crimes, guerrilla, maoist, marriage, old woman, orissa, rebels, superintendent, surrender, surrenders