Woman Maoist commander killed in ChhattisgarhApril 7th, 2009 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 6 (IANS) The Chhattisgarh police Monday said they have shot dead a woman Maoist guerrillas commander during an operation in a forest area of Bastar region.
The police and paramilitary forces Monday launched an operation in Narayanpur district of southern restive Bastar region, some 300 km south of Raipur.
The joint party of police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) busted the hideout in a forested area and killed a woman rebel commander, said Pawan Deo, deputy inspector general.
Arms and ammunitions have been recovered from the hideout.
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Abducted Chhattisgarh cops untraceable, Maoists mum - Jan 28, 2011
- Two guerrillas gunned down in Chhattisgarh - Aug 25, 2012
- Seven Maoists surrender in Chhattisgarh - Jan 30, 2012
- Abducted cops' families appeal for freedom, Maoists mum (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Maoist rebel surrenders in Chhattisgarh - Aug 21, 2012
- Maoists run for cover in their safest zone in Chhattisgarh - Mar 20, 2012
- Three armed Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Mar 05, 2011
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Maoist protest week hits life in Chhattisgarh interiors - Jul 04, 2011
- 500 army men in Chhattisgarh's red zone - for training - Jun 02, 2011
- Gun battles mark Maoists' shutdown in Chhattisgarh - Mar 22, 2010