Woman lawyer raped by colleague after promise of marriageSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 3 (IANS) A woman lawyer practicing at Patiala House courts in New Delhi has alleged that she was raped at gun point by a colleague in Himachal Pradesh’s Manali town after she went there with him thinking they were to get married, the police said Wednesday.The lawyer has lodged a complaint at the Sahibabad police station.
In her complaint, she said that Raj Kumar, who practiced law with her in the courts, told her the marriage had to be solemnised outside Ghaziabad as his parents were opposed to the match.
When they reached Annapurna hotel in Manali June 20, she was welcomed by his three friends - Mukesh, Aswani and Vikas. When she asked why they were there, Raj Kumar said that he called them there as witnesses to their marriage.
During the night, Raj Kumar raped her at gun point with the help of his friends and assured her that the marriage would be solemnised next morning.
But next day, he refused and said he would solemnize the marriage at Ghaziabad. After reaching Ghaziabad, he threatened to eliminate her.
She claimed that when she verified his credentials from the Bar Council of India, she could not find any registration of his name.
The police have registered a criminal case under sections 366, 376, 506 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code against Raj Kumar, Mukesh, Aswani and Vikas.
S.P. Singh, circle officer border, said that one person has been arrested while attempts are being made to nab the others.
- Rapist tuition teacher arrested in Ghaziabad - Mar 19, 2012
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Man gets life term for raping daughter-in-law - Nov 01, 2011
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Two held for bid to rape woman in moving car - Dec 07, 2011
- Father in police custody for raping teenage daughter - Jun 03, 2012
- Minor allegedly raped by her tutor - Sep 10, 2012
- Youth held for raping Assamese girl - Apr 21, 2011
- Pakistani held for forcing Hindu girl to marry him - Aug 07, 2012
- Murder accused released after 'victim' found alive - May 17, 2010
- Budding engineers among seven held for robberies - Jan 05, 2011
- Girl gang raped in Ghaziabad - Nov 09, 2011
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012