Woman lawyer found murdered in Mumbai homeAugust 9th, 2012 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 9 (IANS) A woman lawyer and daughter of a serving Indian Administrative Service (IAS) official was Thursday found murdered in her flat in Mumbai, police said here.
“Pallavi Atanu Purkayastha, 25, was found in a pool of blood at her flat in Bhakti Park area of Wadala (in south Mumbai), by her boyfriend Avik Sengupta early this morning,” investigating officer Ganesh Kanade told IANS.
Pallavi is the daughter of Atanu Purkayastha, an IAS official working in Delhi.
According to police, Sengupta, also a lawyer, stayed with the victim many times.
“Pallavi’s body has multiple stab injuries and her throat has also been slit. When Avik returned home this morning he found that the door was slightly open,” Kanade said.
Sengupta was being interrogated along with neighbours and watchman of the building the victim stayed in.
The victim’s body has been sent for post-mortem examination. “We will get a clearer picture after we have the autopsy report. We are questioning people who might give us leads to the murderer,” Kanade said.
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Stunned over Pallavi's death: Excel Entertainment officials - Aug 11, 2012
- Mumbai murder commited by unverified security guard? - Aug 11, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Father kills children to hurt his ex-wife - Dec 09, 2011
- Refused money for liquor, man kills wife - Feb 17, 2011
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012