Woman kills mother-in-law, heldAugust 25th, 2011 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) A woman has been arrested, along with three others, in south Delhi for killing her mother-in-law and robbing her jewellery, police said Thursday.
Sumitra, 30, was arrested from her house at Tehkhand Village near Okhla Industrial area, Wednesday. At her instance, co-accused Azad Singh, 28, Perminder Singh, 29, and Pardeep, 22, were also arrested.
The woman, with the help of the other co-accused, murdered her 55-year-old mother-in-law while she was sleeping and then looted her jewellery Aug 11.
Police have recovered a car used by the accused, the looted jewellery and mobile phones from their possession.
Sumitra’s husband was blind and she was unhappy due to financial problems.
“The accused belonged to a poor family. She used to quarrel with her mother-in-law and hence decided to kill her,” said a senior police official.
The accused confessed that she planned the murder with the others, she said.
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Woman arrested for killing mother-in-law - Aug 10, 2010
- Chinese woman kills mother-in-law, toddler - Sep 12, 2012
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- BJP leader's sister drugged, left to die by kin - Aug 30, 2011
- 95-year-old woman gets life term for killing daughter-in-law - Oct 18, 2011
- Taliban kill woman accused of murdering mother-in-law in Afghanistan - Oct 17, 2010
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Three held for forcing woman to foetus sex test (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Love your bahus, say telly moms-in-law - May 10, 2012
- Maoist supply chain busted in Chhattisgarh; 3 held - Jun 14, 2012
- More than 400 Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes' - Mar 29, 2012
- Woman held for stealing jewellery from mother-in-law - May 30, 2010