Woman kills minor son before committing suicideJanuary 21st, 2011 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Aligarh, Jan 20 (IANS) Apparently depressed over not getting any financial assistance from her husband, a woman killed her minor son before committing suicide in this Uttar Pradesh district Thursday, police said.Sandhya Devi (28), first administered some poisonous substance to her six-year-old son and later strangulated him. Thereafter, she hanged herself from the ceiling inside her house in Mirpur village.
“The suicide note recovered indicates that woman was quite upset as her husband, Indrajeet Kumar, a security guard, was not giving any attention to his family,” Police Inspector Ramesh Chandra told reporters in Aligarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
“The woman has also stated in the suicide note that her husband had stopped financially assisting the family for the last several months,” he added.
According to police, Indrajeet is posted in Uttarakhand.
“We would detain Indrajeet for interrogation. Further action would be taken against him on the completion of the enquiry,” said Chandra.
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Woman kills five children, commits suicide - Oct 07, 2011
- Eloped couple found dead in Kanpur - Apr 17, 2012
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Driven by superstition, they dig out dead woman's body - Jun 06, 2011
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
- Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrested - Aug 15, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Mother of three commits suicide - Oct 18, 2011
- Woman poisons her children, commits suicide - Apr 22, 2011
- Woman commits suicide along with two sons in Rajasthan - Jul 27, 2012
- Rajasthan woman throws children in well, kills self - Apr 06, 2012
- Five of family die after drinking poisoned tea - Sep 26, 2011