Woman kills minor daughter in MaharashtraJune 28th, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur (Maharashtra), June 28 (IANS) In a shocking incident, a woman here Thursday slashed the throat of her four-year-old daughter while she was sleeping, police said.
Sheela Bhake, 35, is on the run since the incident, said area police station chief W.T. Wandre.
The incident came to light when Vaishali’s 11-year-old brother Abhishek woke up and found her body in a pool of blood around 8 a.m. in their house.
Vaishali’s throat was slashed and her chest was apparently hit with an iron rod, police said.
The children’s father, Atul, 38-year-old labourer, who had gone to the market at the time of incident, reported the matter to police when he returned home.
“We are investigating to find out the motive behind this killing,” Wandre told IANS.
Preliminary information gathered by police from the neighbours suggested that Sheela quarrelled frequently with Atul. She often got bouts of anger.
Neighbours saw Sheela hurriedly leaving her home in the morning.
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- Alcoholic man kills wife - Oct 29, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Woman, child die after spat - Mar 28, 2012
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Teen held for killing four-year-old - Nov 02, 2011
- Man stabbed to death over Rs.60 - Dec 25, 2011
- Woman, two kids murdered in Bihar - Aug 17, 2010
- Naked woman throws minor son from 4th floor - Jul 10, 2011
- Two women raped in Delhi - May 04, 2011
- Man kills mother, brother for money - Jun 29, 2012
- Jobless Italian throws kids from balcony, kills self - May 21, 2012
- Woman, two children murdered in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- Pregnant Asian Muslim stabbed to death in Britain - May 09, 2012