Woman kills herself after poisoning her childrenAugust 6th, 2008 - 11:52 am ICT by IANS
Agra, Aug 6 (IANS) A woman poisoned her two children before hanging herself in this Uttar Pradesh town, police said Wednesday. Sanjeev Choudhary, a banker, reached home Tuesday evening to find his wife Sudheera hanging from the ceiling and his two children lying dead on the bed.
Superintendent of Police B.P. Ashok said Sudheera, in her early 30s, had poisoned her children - two-year-old Bittoo and 11-year-old Akanksha. She then hit them on the head with a hammer to ensure they were dead.
After that, she slit her wrist and tried to blow herself up by setting a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder on fire. However, since that did not work, she finally hanged herself with a piece of cloth from a hook in the ceiling.
Ashok said Sudheera had left a suicide note saying that she was taking this extreme step since she was frustrated with life and with her husband.
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Woman kills three kids, commits suicide - Oct 19, 2011
- Five killed in Delhi building collapse - Jan 04, 2012
- Domestic help commits suicide - Dec 27, 2011
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- To bail out lover, girl burgles employer's house - Oct 06, 2011
- Woman in debt kills self - Feb 22, 2012
- No cap on number of LPG cylinders to affluent - Aug 17, 2012
- Johansson shows off New York tattoo - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrested - Aug 15, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister - Aug 05, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house - Jul 21, 2012
- House collapse kills five in Delhi(Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012