Woman kills five children, commits suicideOctober 7th, 2011 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 7 (IANS) A woman poisoned her five minor children and then took her own life in Uttar Pradesh’s Banda district, police said Friday. She was evidently depressed over declining relations with her policeman husband.
“In a suicide note, the woman has alleged her husband was a drunkard and used to assault her and their three daughters and two sons,” police inspector Ghanshyam Pandey told reporters in Banda, some 250 km from Lucknow.
Thirty-eight-year-old Vimla Devi, wife of police constable Manoj Kumar, was found dead Friday afternoon along with her five children, aged 9-13 years, at her house in Attara locality.
“A case has been registered against Vimla’s husband, who is absconding,” Pandey said.”He is posted in Uttar Pradesh’s Allahabad district.”
- 2 cops accused of assaulting lady officer surrender - Sep 24, 2010
- Woman poisons self, four kids; three die - Jul 11, 2011
- Woman kills kids, self in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 18, 2011
- Woman kills three kids, commits suicide - Oct 19, 2011
- Policemen arrested for extortion - Nov 02, 2011
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Woman immolates self, three children - Apr 30, 2011
- Four pilgrims killed as vehicle overturns in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 09, 2010
- Pregnant woman kills self, two children - Aug 20, 2010
- Woman, two sons murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 06, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in UP, demand security - Aug 21, 2012
- Three traffic constables suspended for assaulting woman officer (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- Woman attempts suicide after killing her kids - Feb 04, 2011
- Woman poisons her children, commits suicide - Apr 22, 2011
- Woman cop found dead - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: 13 years, allahabad, banda district, district police, drunkard, friday afternoon, ghanshyam, locality, manoj kumar, oct 7, police constable, police inspector, policeman, suicide note, three daughters, uttar pradesh