Woman kills children, hangs self in DelhiMay 26th, 2012 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) In an shocking incident, a 27-year-old woman in south Delhi Friday killed her two infants - a boy and a girl - before committing suicide after killing her two children, police said.
Vineeta Katara, her daughter Harshita, 3, and son Arpit, 1 and a half were found dead in their residence at Deluxe Apartments at Chhattarpur in Mehrauli.
“Vineeta’s and her daughter’s body was found hanging from ceiling fan while her son’s body was lying on the floor,” a police official said.
No suicide note has been found but the investigation has been launched to ascertain the reason of this extreme step, he added.
According to the officials, Katara had earlier come to Mehrauli Police Station to lodge a complaint against her in-laws for harassing her for dowry. Later, she called her brother in Kota (Rajasthan) to inform him of her complaint.
Around 3 p.m., police got a call from Katara’s brother, who had been unable to contact his sister. A police team rushed to their home and discovered the bodies.
“The bodies have been sent for post-mortem but it seems that she first strangulated her son, then hung her daughter and herself from the ceiling fan,” a police official said.
Katara had lodged a complaint against her husband Deepak, her brother-in-law and other family members. The couple had married six years ago and were living in a rented accomodation.
Police said that Deepak, a nursing student at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, had been questioned and investigation was under way.
- Honour killing: Man held for daughter's murder - Jul 16, 2011
- Woman found murdered in Ghaziabad - Sep 14, 2012
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Nine booked for a Noida family's deaths - Dec 28, 2011
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house - Jul 21, 2012
- Ragging drives student to suicide in Bihar - Jan 27, 2011
- Eloped couple found dead in Kanpur - Apr 17, 2012
- Haryana family booked for dowry death - Nov 23, 2010
- Mumbai police clueless over suicide at MLA's room - Sep 18, 2012
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Missing Pakistani found buried in kitchen - May 12, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- Manu Sharma granted parole, barred from nightclubs - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, boy and a girl, ceiling fan, committing suicide, deluxe apartments, dowry, extreme step, india institute, lying on the floor, mehrauli, New Delhi, old woman, police official, police station, police team, post mortem, rajasthan, shocking incident, south delhi, suicide note