Woman kills alcoholic husband in OdishaJuly 23rd, 2012 - 12:03 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 23 (IANS) A woman in an Odisha village has been arrested for killing her husband with an axe when he came home drunk and attacked her, police said Monday.
Karami Kindo, 55, hit her 60-year-old husband Shiva with an axe at their home in Jurapali village in Sambalpur district, about 350 km from here, inspector-in-charge, K.C. Behera told IANS. The incident took place Saturday.
Shiva was an alcoholic who would frequently beat his wife. He also used to attack his son and daughter, police said.
Kindo was arrested Sunday after she confessed to the killing.
- Maoist leader held in Odisha - Feb 28, 2012
- Top Odisha Maoist leader held (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Maoists blast police vehicle, three die - Jan 05, 2012
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012
- Five arrested with brown sugar in Odisha - Jul 05, 2012
- Odisha cop killed, four injured in mob attack - Aug 12, 2012
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Maoists torch Odisha mobile phone towers' equipment - Dec 17, 2011
- 12 killed as train hits auto-rickshaw (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Odisha gang rape: Doctors protest action - Jun 27, 2012
- Three cops killed in Maoist blast (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Angry over case delays, man damages judge's car - Nov 17, 2011
- Maoists attack company site, torch vehicles - Oct 25, 2011
- Bees attack kills four Orissa kids - Sep 11, 2010
- Maoist camp destroyed in Odisha - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , ,