Woman killed while resisting robberyMarch 7th, 2011 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) The Delhi Police have arrested a man for allegedly killing a 58-year-old woman at her residence when she resisted a robbery attempt by a three-man gang, police said Monday.
Ranjit was arrested from Harsh Vihar in north Delhi for murdering Kiran Soni, wife of Shiv Charan Soni, a gold smith, when she refused to part with her jewellery and cash Sunday, police said.
The woman was alone in her Harsh Vihar home when the men broke in. Ranjit had worked for the family for two months in the past.
The two accomplices are absconding.
- Man held for murdering former employer's wife - Mar 08, 2011
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
- Minor held for burglary at PM's media adviser's home - Jun 30, 2011
- Woman shot at for not withdrawing molestation complaint - Jul 23, 2012
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Men who robbed in police uniform arrested - Jun 11, 2012
- One more arrested in jewellery heist - Mar 24, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Jeweller held for selling sub-standard gems - Oct 15, 2011
- Girl set afire for resisting rape - Nov 05, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Five Bangladeshi nationals held for robbery - Jan 25, 2011
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,