Woman killed over a goat in BengalJune 7th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 7 (IANS) Enraged over a neighbour’s goat nibbling some plants in his garden, a man battered to death the owner of the animal in West Bengal’s south Dinajpur district, police said Thursday.
“Khojamani Das, 42, was beaten to death and her daughter Mamuni was injured by one Bimal Mondal. He was arrested Thursday,” said an officer.
Das’ goat entered Mondal’s garden Tuesday evening and nibbled some of the plants. When Mondal went to Das’ house to complain an altercation ensued, following which the man pounced on the woman, battering her to death, police said.
Das’ daughter who tried to intervene was also injured in the attack.
- Woman killed in row over goat (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- IAF employee killed in bid to help neighbour - Sep 09, 2012
- Bengal school vice-principal held for caning students - Sep 06, 2012
- Irritated by wailing, father kills baby girl - Feb 06, 2012
- Second case of rats mutilation in Rajasthan - Jan 14, 2012
- Jilted man kills girl - Jan 12, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Man killed for protesting lewd comments on daughter - Feb 18, 2011
- Two held in Delhi for killing a youth in road rage - Oct 14, 2011
- Tutor chops off girl student's hand in Tripura - Aug 25, 2011
- Van driver killed in Delhi road accident - Jul 07, 2012
- Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft - Jul 06, 2012
- Businessman's guard arrested for opening fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Bihar doctors go on strike in protest against firing by MLA's bodyguards - Jan 31, 2011
- Villagers beat three thieves to death - May 19, 2012