Woman killed in Bihar for getting drunkJune 21st, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 21 (IANS) A woman was beaten to death for getting drunk by her husband in Bihar’s Purnia district, around 300 km from here, police said.
Mohram Rishi of Purnia’s Basantpur village lost his temper and beat his wife Sumitra Devi with bamboo sticks after he found her drunk. The woman, in her early 40s, succumbed to her injuries later, police said.
Although women in the village are allowed to sell liquor, they are strictly prohibited from consuming it, local police official Sunil Singh told IANS.
An investigation in the case has been launched, Singh said.
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Bihar woman lynched for practicing 'witchcraft' - Aug 01, 2012
- Man accused of killing CPI-M leader murdered - Mar 10, 2012
- Sons, daughters-in-law arrested for parading widowed mother half naked - Aug 24, 2012
- Dalit woman killed in Bihar for practising witchcraft - May 24, 2012
- Bihar legislator stabbed to death by woman (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Woman forced to eat human excreta on witchcraft charge - Apr 28, 2012
- 13 held for selling illicit liquor in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- Poverty-stricken woman sells infant to pay debt - Sep 04, 2012
- The grooms were drunk, the brides said no - May 01, 2012
- School principal beaten to death over land in Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Spurious liquor kills three in Bihar - Jul 11, 2011
- Case filed over assault on killer Bihar teacher - Jan 09, 2011
- Woman legislator in hospital after husband's thrashing - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,