Woman killed by tiger in Uttar PradeshNovember 5th, 2011 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh), Nov 5 (IANS) A tiger killed a woman in Katarniaghat forest reserve in this Uttar Pradesh district Saturday, an official said.
Nanki, 42, a native of Khairipurwa village, was killed in the Nishangarha forest range.
“The tiger attacked the woman while she was cutting grass along with other villagers in the forest area,” Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) R.K. Singh told reporters in Bahraich, some 140 km from Lucknow.
“According to eyewitnesses, the tiger was full-grown. However, we are yet to ascertain it as the pug marks found near the victim’s body are not very clear,” he added.
According to wildlife officials, there are around 37 tigers in the Nishangarh forest range.
In October, a leopard from the Katarniaghat forest reserve killed a minor girl while she was sleeping outside her house in Sampatpurwa village.
- Leopard kills girl - Oct 25, 2011
- Leopard found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 27, 2011
- Two injured in leopard attack - Sep 22, 2011
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Leopard kills 7-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 02, 2010
- Leopard kills boy in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2010
- Tiger kills young man in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 04, 2010
- Tigress kills teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2011
- Tigress kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Another man killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Villagers vent leopard attack ire on forest officials - Apr 09, 2011
- Woman mauled, killed by leopard - Mar 12, 2011
- Three officials suspended for cutting 70 trees - Dec 25, 2010
- Another human killed by big cat in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2010
- Tigress kills teenage girl in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 15, 2010