Woman jumps to death in Jaipur mallJuly 24th, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 23 (IANS) A 34-year-old woman Monday committed suicide by jumping off the fourth floor of a mall in the city, police said. A suicide note was recovered from her purse.
Hundreds of shoppers witnessed Meena Sharma falling to the ground and dying at Triton Mall in Jhotwara around 1.30 p.m., police said.
“Meena Sharma was a resident of city’s Banipark area. Her husband Vinod Sharma is a manager in a nationalised bank,” a police official said.
“We have examined the footage of CCTV installed inside the mall. Meena had come to the mall around noon and was window-shopping,” said the official.
The official said that she suddenly climbed onto the railing of the fourth floor and jumped from there.
“There was a huge crowd of shoppers inside the mall. She fell to the ground in front of them and died on the spot,” said the officer.
Police later recovered a suicide note from her purse.
“The note says that she is only responsible for the suicide and nobody should be bothered for this. She has not stated any reason behind her extreme step,” said the official.
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman jumps to death in Gurgaon - Jun 06, 2012
- Woman jumps off mall's fourth floor - Jul 29, 2010
- Man kills self in mall - Jun 26, 2011
- Woman banker commits suicide in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2012
- Pregnant woman commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 19, 2012
- MBA student commits suicide - Nov 04, 2011
- Finn man commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Suicide or harassment? Woman jumps to death in mall - Apr 28, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide in AIIMS - Mar 04, 2012
- Childless woman commits suicide in capital - Feb 15, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Metro station (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012