Woman jumps off mall’s fourth floorJuly 29th, 2010 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 29 (IANS) A woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the fourth floor of a shopping mall in Lucknow Thursday evening, police said.
The victim, identified as Supriya Yogi Tiwari, 45, a resident of the Viram Khand colony, jumped from the fourth floor of the Fun Republic Mall in Gomtinagar area.
Tiwari, who suffered serious head injuries, died while she was being taken to a hospital.
“Prima-facie it appears to be a case of suicide. However, we are still to ascertain as to why the woman took the extreme step,” Deputy Superintendent of Police R.L. Jayant told reporters here.
“We have recovered an old press-ID card from her possession. The card bears her photo alongwith her designation as sub-editor. However, we are still to ascertain whether the woman was a working journalist,” he added.
According to police, Tiwari was alone at the time she jumped off.
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Woman jumps to death in Jaipur mall - Jul 24, 2012
- Construction firm employee found killed in Lucknow - May 14, 2012
- IIT Kanpur girl commits suicide (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- Allahabad High Court ex-judge commits suicide (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Suicide or harassment? Woman jumps to death in mall - Apr 28, 2011
- Dental student jumps to death - Oct 07, 2011
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Woman jumps before train with two daughters, all three killed - Mar 03, 2011
- Man kills self in mall - Jun 26, 2011
- Girl dies after fall from mall's fourth floor - May 05, 2010
- Rajasthan woman throws children in well, kills self - Apr 06, 2012
- IIT Kanpur girl student commits suicide - Nov 17, 2010
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- Girl attempts suicide, critical - Feb 27, 2011