Woman jumps in front of Metro with kids, criticalJuly 4th, 2011 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) A 32-year-old woman along with her two daughters Monday jumped in front of a train as it was entering the Seelampur Metro Station in east Delhi, police said. The woman is critically injured while her kids are safe.
According to police, the woman and her daughters, aged four and two, fell in between the tracks and were run over by a couple of bogeys before the train stopped as the crowd raised an alarm.
The incident took place at around 8 a.m. and the injured were rushed to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital. “The woman sustained severe head injuries and is critical. One of the daughters has received minor injuries while the other is absolutely fine,” a police officer said.
According to police, it appears that the woman took the extreme step because of a family dispute.
- Woman critical after jumping on Metro track, kids safe (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Woman critical, kids safe after jumping on Metro track (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Track record (To go with Metro suicide story) - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman found killed in her Delhi house, husband suspect - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman falls from Metro station platform, injured (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station - Jan 27, 2012
- Rapist run over by train, dies - Jan 29, 2011
- Suicide bid at Delhi Metro station - Sep 06, 2012
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Metro station (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: bogeys, crowd, delhi police, east delhi, extreme step, family dispute, guru tegh, head injuries, july 4, metro station, minor injuries, New Delhi, old woman, police officer, train, two daughters, woman jumps