Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead)May 3rd, 2012 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 3 (IANS) A 25-year-old woman who had accused her husband and in-laws of harassing her for dowry died after jumping from the terrace of a Metro station here Thursday, police said.
Priyanka Khandelwal, an employee of HDFC Bank, was taken to the Medicity Hospital with serious injuries after leaping from the MG Road Delhi Metro station. She later succumbed to her injuries.
Khandelwal, who is from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, had filed a case of dowry harassment against her in-laws and husband Nitin Khandelwal, a chartered accountant in Delhi, police officer Jaswant Singh Yadav told IANS.
Since August 2011 she had lived alone at a paying guest accommodation near her office in Gurgaon’s Sector 14.
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Police told to give Mumbai woman her 'dowry' money - Feb 16, 2011
- Bail plea of man held for wife's death rejected - Apr 11, 2011
- Three commit suicide as daughter-in-law files case - Jul 20, 2012
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Bihar teacher beaten to death for dowry - Mar 21, 2012