Woman jailed for life for killing baby sonJanuary 12th, 2012 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 12 (IANS) A British woman has been jailed for life for murdering her 15-month-old son and hiding his mummified body.
Kimberley Hainey, 37, murdered her son Declan at a flat in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland, Sky News reported Thursday.
She was given the life sentence by the Glasgow High Court and told she will spend at least 15 years behind bars.
The court heard how Declan’s body was “mummified” when it was found in March 2010.
The cause of the baby’s death was not known. He was last seen alive in 2009. His body was discovered at the flat March 30, 2010, when he would have been 23 months old.
Experts said he had been dead for several months.
Hainey pretended her son was being cared for by family members or that he was at a nursery.
She was found guilty of ill-treating, neglecting and abandoning the toddler, and exposing him in a manner that was likely to cause him suffering or injury.
She left him alone for “excessive” periods of time and failed to provide him with adequate nourishment. He was also kept in the flat piled with rubbish.
- Gaga, a caring godmother - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Toddler(Rile Williamson) in overhead bin' prank costs a flight steward his job - Mar 07, 2011
- Man jailed for silencing crying baby forever - Dec 08, 2011
- Beware of forgotten baby syndrome - Mar 12, 2012
- Toddler left on slain father's body - Mar 20, 2012
- Father kills children to hurt his ex-wife - Dec 09, 2011
- Maid arrested for kidnapping employer's son - May 02, 2011
- Kardashian's uses son to stay fit - Mar 31, 2011
- Massachusetts man sentenced to life for contracting cousin to kill his 18-year-old girlfriend - Apr 06, 2010
- Footie manager jailed for 10 months for sex with underage player - Dec 15, 2010
- Man who killed son with bat arrested - Dec 12, 2010
- Meet the 10-year-old 'teenager' - Nov 17, 2009
- Body at nursery: 'Killer' arrested in Delhi - Apr 19, 2012
- Kelly Preston loves nursing - Apr 23, 2012
- Infosys woman manager hangs self - Nov 29, 2011