Woman in rickshaw shot dead in Delhi (Lead)September 11th, 2012 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 11 (IANS) A 31-year-old woman was shot dead Tuesday by two men on a motorcycle while she was going to drop her four-year-old son to school in a rickshaw, police said.
Meenakshi, a resident of Bawana, was murdered around 8.45 a.m. near District Park in west Delhi’s Rohini Sector 16.
“Meenakshi left her house around 8.30 a.m. in a rickshaw to drop her son Manshu. Two men on a bike waylaid her and opened fire. She received four bullets, including one in her head. She died on the spot,” police said.
The victim used to live with her husband Parvinder Rana, 32, a businessman, in B-block of Rohini’s Sector-16.
Meenakshi got married six years ago. Rana was earlier married to another woman but got separated before marrying Meenakshi.
The police are investigating allegations that a relative of Rana’s first wife used to threaten Meenakshi.
“The relative also made a call Monday night and threatened my wife,” Rana told IANS.
A case regarding has been registered and investigation is on.
- One held for killing woman in front of her son - Sep 12, 2012
- Delhi policeman's wife commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances - May 19, 2011
- Rickshaw-puller held for raping 77-year-old - Mar 14, 2011
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Rickshaw-puller arrested for raping 77-year-old (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Woman in debt kills self - Feb 22, 2012
- Extortionist held in Delhi - Jun 25, 2012