Woman in Kolkata alleges rape by tenantsMay 19th, 2012 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 19 (IANS) A woman was allegedly raped by two of her tenants in north Kolkata last month, police said Saturday, adding she complained that her attackers had also filmed the entire incident which deterred her from reporting the case to the police earlier.
“A woman today filed a complaint with us that she was allegedly raped by Sushovan Kundu and his brother Sudip Kundu who were her tenants in Shyampukur area. We have initiated investigation but no arrest has been so far,” said Shyampukur police station chief Shubendu Barik.
The incident happened a month ago but she could not report the matter as the alleged offenders had videographed the entire incident and threatened to make it public if she approached police, said the officer.
One of the attackers again attempted to rape her Saturday. After she raised an alarm, he fled as other residents gathered.
Later, the woman informed her husband who then lodged a police complaint.
The alleged offenders are residents of Burdwan district.
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Minor school girl raped in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Two arrested for Katwa rape - Mar 03, 2012
- Kolkata RJ accuses industrialist's son of raping her - Jul 16, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Journalist's beating, woman's rape; Mamata says all cooked up (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Kolkata woman who alleged gangrape does volte face - Aug 14, 2012
- Mamata terms another rape incident fake - Feb 28, 2012
- Kolkata woman alleges gangrape, one arrested (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Alleged Kolkata rapist sent to police custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Woman raped inside moving taxi in Kolkata, attacker held - Jun 08, 2012
- CA student held for raping five-year-old in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Mamata rule disappoints many women (One year of Mamata Banerjee) - May 18, 2012
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012