Woman hit by stray bullet meant to scare away monkeysJanuary 18th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Jan 18 (IANS) In bizarre incident Sunday, a housemaid sustained gunshot injuries when she was accidentally hit by a bullet fired to scare away monkeys that had been creating a nuisance in the residential areas of Noida, the police said.Meena, 25, sustained bullet injuries when she was standing on the terrace of her employer’s house in sector 15 here, the police said.
Her employer, V.K. Garg rushed her to the hospital, where her condition was stated to be critical, the police said.
A resident of slum clusters in sector 14, Meena was working with Garg for the last one year, the police added.
A search is on to find the man who fired the gun shot, the police said.
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Noida couple shooting: Ex-husband arrested (Third Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Woman falls to death in Noida, husband detained - Apr 14, 2012
- Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle - Feb 10, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Man shot dead in Noida health club - Mar 03, 2010
- Plagued by ill health, woman kills self - Jan 06, 2011
- 11 injured in Delhi cylinder blast (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Man injured in monkey attack in Shimla - Jan 10, 2011
- Couple shot at over property row (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Gunmen barge into government office, shoot three - Apr 26, 2011
- Two held for torturing domestic help - Nov 07, 2011
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Three killed in farmers-police gunbattle, clashes (Second Lead) - May 07, 2011