Woman hiding in male prison held at lastNovember 14th, 2011 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 14 (IANS) A woman gang leader has been arrested in the Bolivian capital La Paz after she evaded detection by police for some days by hiding in an all-male prison.
The unnamed woman, who is accused of leading a gang of fraudsters, hid inside the prison after visiting an inmate who was detained, the Daily Mail reported.
It is believed that the inmate was a member of her gang and had contacted her by telephone to warn her that the police were pursuing her.
Though the woman managed to spend four days in the jail, she was caught while trying to leave the prison. She has now been sent to an all-female prison.
The woman is one of the gang’s 15 members, detained on suspicion of fraud. This gang allegedly used fake documents to withdraw large amounts of money from a number of Bolivian bank accounts.
- Two charged with murder slain in Bolivia by mob - Aug 16, 2012
- Two held for exorcism in Bolivia - Dec 21, 2011
- Journalist slain in Honduras - Dec 07, 2011
- Journalist siblings found slain in Bolivia - Feb 28, 2012
- Bolivian officials get spy pens to prevent corruption - Jun 15, 2012
- UN officials on missing plane found alive in Bolivia - May 07, 2011
- Doctor detained in murder of mentally-ill woman in Bengal - Jul 15, 2012
- 20 killed in Bolivia accident - Apr 20, 2012
- Six killed after plane carrying UN staff members crashes in Bolivia - May 08, 2011
- Eight killed in Bolivia bus collision - Jan 17, 2012
- Over 20 killed in Venezuela prison fight - Aug 21, 2012
- Two tonnes of uranium seized in Bolivia - Aug 29, 2012
- Jail warden held for providing mobiles to inmates - May 06, 2012
- Bolivia nationalises Spanish-owned firm - May 02, 2012
- Gang of fraudsters busted, three arrested from UP - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,