Woman held for mother’s deathApril 15th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by admin
Patna, April 15 (IANS) A 30-year-old woman allegedly beat and stabbed her mother to death here over a property dispute, police said Tuesday. Raushan Ara, in her 30s, was arrested over the Monday evening murder of Amna Khatoon, 60, in Lodhi Katra area, police officer Amendra Mishra said.
A mother of three, the accused denied she killed her mother but told the police that she did thrash her mother and lock her up in a room after a heated exchange.
“The police will investigate the case from all angles,” Mishra said.
This is the third shocking incident of children allegedly killing one of their parents over property.
- Hunger drives widow to commit suicide in Bihar - Mar 04, 2010
- Father kills 22-year old married daughter for 'honour' over illicit relations in Pak - Aug 26, 2010
- Pregnant Asian Muslim stabbed to death in Britain - May 09, 2012
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Irritated by wailing, father kills baby girl - Feb 06, 2012
- Woman found killed in her Delhi house, husband suspect - Apr 28, 2012
- Bihar legislator killing: Husband backs accused - Feb 08, 2011
- Bihar officials asked to explain Dalit hostel attack - Jul 25, 2012
- Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospital - Jul 29, 2012
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- BJP legislator's murder: Mother of accused seeks probe in rape charges too - Jan 17, 2011
- Child strangled for gold earrings in Bengal - May 16, 2012
- Falak case: Two accused have prostitution racket links - Feb 09, 2012
- Four of family gunned down in Bihar - Jun 30, 2012