Woman, granddaughter found strangled in DelhiApril 2nd, 2011 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) A 65-year-old woman and her 15-year-old granddaughter were found strangled inside their house in West Delhi, police said Saturday. Their two suspected attackers, a distant relative and his friend, are absconding.
Krishna Devi’s son Satyapal and his wife had gone to Kurukshetra Friday and the elderly lady was staying with her grandchildren — Nancy, Reshav, Easha and Ajay.
“While Nancy and Krishna Devi were sleeping in one room, the other three children were sleeping in another room. Krishna Devi and Nancy were found dead on their bed Saturday morning,” the officer said.
During preliminary investigation, police found that Dinesh, a distant relative of Krishna Devi, and his friend Vicky, both aged between 20 and 30, had come Friday night to the house in Nihal Vihar.
“We found that Satyapal had given a loan of Rs.3.5 lakh to his cousin Dinesh a few months ago and he was not returning the money,” the officer said.
“It seems Krishna Devi too was pressuring him to return the money and he retaliated by killing her,” said officer.
A case of murder has been registered and further investigation in the matter is on. “We have sent the bodies for post-mortem examination,” the officer said.
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
- Man held for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 16, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi engineer murdered by friend for ransom (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Brothers found strangled, tenant absconding - Aug 30, 2011
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Teenager kidnapped, killed for Rs.50,000 - Apr 01, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Delhi student found dead at friend's house - Jul 02, 2012
- Man strangles landlord's two kids - Nov 22, 2011
- Abducted girl found killed, angry kin block national highway - May 07, 2011
- Disbelief, praise and fear in Dinesh Yadav's village - Aug 25, 2011
- Elderly landlady murdered for property, three held - Apr 14, 2011
- Australian tourist found dead in Jaipur hotel - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: absconding, ajay, attackers, cousin, delhi police, elderly lady, friday night, friend vicky, grandchildren, granddaughter, krishna, kurukshetra, lakh, mortem examination, New Delhi, old woman, post mortem, preliminary investigation, saturday morning, west delhi