Woman gangraped, dies in Ranchi hospitalApril 23rd, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 23 (IANS) A middle-aged woman, who was gangraped and beaten up by her assaulters, died in a hospital in Jharkhand capital Monday, police said.
According to police, the woman took an auto-rickshaw Sunday night from the Ashoknagar colony area for her home in Kadru, but the driver suddenly stopped the vehicle near the Sahjanand roundabout and raped her along with four others.
The woman, who is yet to be identified, was thrashed brutally after rape and was left injured on the roadside. On Monday morning, a girl spotted her and informed the police. She was immediately rushed to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) for treatment but died on the way to the hospital, police said.
An operation has been launched to arrest the auto driver and his accomplices, police said.
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Woman gangraped, brutally killed in Jharkhand - Dec 27, 2010
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- 22-year-old gangraped by auto drivers - Apr 01, 2010
- Spanish tourist alleges molestation in Rajasthan - Apr 18, 2011
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- 30-year-old auto rickshaws banned in Pakistani city - Jul 22, 2012
- Dial-an-auto soon in Maharashtra - Apr 03, 2012
- Deaf-mute athlete raped in Bengal, attacker arrested - Jun 26, 2012
- Tourist killed in accident - Jun 02, 2011
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Five die in Orissa road accident - Feb 28, 2010
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011