Woman found dead near Delhi metro stationApril 24th, 2012 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) A young woman was found dead near the Nehru Place Metro Station here Tuesday morning, said the police, adding she might have been raped and murdered. The woman is yet to be identified.
Her body, which bore several injury marks, was spotted around 8 a.m. near metro pillar number 127 in South Delhi’s Kalkaji area. It was lying barely 100 meters away from the metro station.
“Prima facie it seems that the woman, in her 20s, was killed after a rape attempt. A murder case has been registered and we are trying to identify the victim. Her body has been sent for postmortem and it will reveal the exact cause of her death,” said a police official, who did not want to be named.
The official said the injury marks found on the woman’s head and body might have led to her death.
- Minor girl's body found in Delhi park - Oct 13, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Former DMK minister's brother murdered in Tiruchirapalli - Mar 29, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Nude mutilated body found on rail track - Mar 03, 2011
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Woman's body found in Delhi - Apr 28, 2012
- Girl found dead in police station was not murdered: Police - Jun 12, 2011
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Senior citizen murdered inside her Delhi flat - Jan 10, 2012
- Delhi Police constable shot dead - Apr 21, 2012
- Man found dead in his room - Feb 01, 2011
- Arrest police for girl's death, says child panel chief - Jun 13, 2011
- Woman found dead at railway station remains unidentified - Feb 14, 2011