Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends lifeApril 16th, 2012 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) A 40-year-old Delhi woman committed suicide by setting herself ablaze after her husband tried to force her into prostitution, police said Monday
According to police, Shahzadi, a resident of east Dehli’s Khazuri Khas locality, poured kerosene over her body around 10.30 p.m. Sunday following a heated argument with her husband, Shedul, who is absconding.
She was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur hospital with over 95 percent burn injuries. She succumbed around 4 a.m. Monday.
Police said Shahzadi had resisted Shedul’s demand to get her into prostitution to meet his expenses.
Shahzadi was earlier married to Rahish who she left to marry Shedul about 10-12 years ago.
A case of abetment to suicide has been registered against Shedul.
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- 'Superstitious' woman burns herself, two daughters alive - Oct 05, 2011
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Woman crushed to death - Jan 17, 2011
- Woman dies of burns, father alleges dowry death - Jan 28, 2011
- Delhi official's daughter commits suicide - Nov 24, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Two men commit suicide in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011
- Rape victim commits suicide in Haryana - Feb 16, 2010
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene - Feb 09, 2012
- Woman, daughter set on fire in Noida - Sep 20, 2010
- Kanda surrenders - Aug 18, 2012