Woman feigns death in Punjab to make quick buckMay 13th, 2008 - 11:19 pm ICT by admin
Sangrur (Punjab), May 13 (IANS) Claims of a woman that she possessed divine powers that could resurrect her from ‘death’ were exposed when social activists reached her house in a village near Bhawanigarh town in this district. There was high drama at the house of Satnam Singh who claimed his wife, Sarabjit Kaur, had died Monday evening and she would be brought back to life after four days Thursday.
The family of the “deceased” kept her body in the house and started an “akhand path” (recitation of the holy book of the Sikhs) for her. Many people from the village and nearby areas started arriving to witness the miracle.
However, a few activists from social organisations also reached the house and exposed the fact that Kaur was breathing and still alive.
After being exposed, Singh said they enacted the drama as the family was poor and thought that the trick would help them earn money.
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family meets Krishna - Jun 28, 2012
- Krishna assures family of Sarabjit's release (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's family on indefinite fast; meets Krishna (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Have come with hopes of brother's release: Sarbjeet's sister - Jun 07, 2011
- Jubilation to despair for Sarabjit's family - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family elated in Punjab - Jun 26, 2012
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family to protest at Jantar Mantar - Jun 28, 2012
- Krishna raises Sarabjit issue with Zardari - Sep 08, 2012
- Conditions favourable in Pakistan for Sarabjit's release: Sister - Jul 05, 2011
- Honour killing: Two lovers killed in Punjab - May 21, 2011
- Salman's initiative will help in Sarabjit release: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Is arrested conman behind Pakistan blasts blamed on Sarabjit? - Dec 17, 2010
- Sarabjit to meet sister -- after 21 years - Jun 16, 2011