Woman falls to death in Noida, husband detainedApril 14th, 2012 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, April 14 (IANS) A 29-year-old woman died after falling from the third floor of a residential building in Noida Saturday, police said. Her husband was detained on suspicion that she was pushed to death.
Nidhi Chopra, a resident of Amritsar in Punjab, had come to Noida Sector-50 area with her husband to attend a function at a relative’s house.
Around noon, Nidhi jumped off the third floor of the house where she was staying for the function. Her husband Ashish Chopra works at a jewellery testing laboratory in Amritsar.
“We are investigating whether she jumped on her own or she fell down after slipping or somebody pushed her. Her husband has been detained for questioning,” said a police official, adding that she was “suffering from depression for quite some time”.
In another incident, a 23-year-old man was injured when he jumped off the platform of Delhi Metro’s elevated corridor in Sector-16 here.
Sakib Hassan, employed as a sales engineer at a private firm, jumped down from the platform while talking on his mobile phone. Sakib Hassan was staying with his elder brother Nakib Hassan at the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi where the latter worked as a librarian.
Sakib was working in a firm in Sector-63. He is undergoing treatment in a hospital for his injuries and his condition is critical, a police official said.
“He was undergoing treatment for depression at a hospital in Delhi,” said a police official.
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Noida woman jumps to death after fight with lover - Aug 22, 2012
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Naked woman throws minor son from 4th floor - Jul 10, 2011
- Mumbai woman jumps off 19th floor with two kids - Mar 08, 2011
- Teenaged daughter of IAS couple commits suicide - Jun 01, 2011
- Man jumps from building, dies (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: amritsar, april 14, delhi metro, elder brother, hassan, indian institute of technology, indian institute of technology delhi, institute of technology, librarian, nidhi, old woman, police official, private firm, quite some time, residential building, sales engineer, suffering from depression, testing laboratory, treatment for depression, undergoing treatment