Woman, employee held for murdering husbandApril 12th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 12 (IANS) A woman and her employee have been arrested for allegedly smothering to death her husband, a Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader who was found murdered in his sleep, police said Tuesday.
Rupa Khot and her accomplice Sunil Chavan were presented before a magistrate who remanded them in police custody till April 20, a police official said. A day earlier Andheri NCP leader and cable operator Vilas Khot, 46, was found dead in his bed early Monday.
“While Khot was fast asleep on his bed, the two accused sneaked inside the bedroom and smothered him with a pillow. The murder took place around 2 a.m. yesterday (early Monday) and he succumbed soon thereafter,” investigating officer of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) Deepak Bagwe told IANS.
Asked how Chavan helped Rupa in committing the crime, Bagwe hinted that they would probe all angles, including an affair between the two accused.
While Rupa was a homemaker, Chavan was a collection agent in Khot’s cable company.
- Family found murdered in Delhi - Sep 21, 2012
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Son Accused Of 86 Year Old Mother's Death - Dec 20, 2010
- Police nab Pune gold-heist robbers - Apr 19, 2012
- 13 Mumbai college-goers kill friend - Apr 19, 2012
- Man kills wife over domestic spat - May 18, 2011
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Elderly woman murdered in south Delhi - Oct 31, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Re-arrested suspect sent to 10-days custody - Jul 04, 2012
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Delhi engineer was murdered for ransom, body found - Apr 06, 2012