Woman drowns three kids, selfOctober 25th, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Oct 25 (IANS) Depressed over her son’s drowning a year back, a 30-year-old woman pushed her daughter and two other children into a pond in Bikaner district of Rajasthan, before drowning herself with them, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place in Surpura village in Bikaner, some 320 km from state capital Jaipur.
“Nani Devi had lost her 3-year-old son, who accidentally fell into a pond and drowned last year. Family members have told us that after this incident, she had become hysterical and developed suicidal tendencies,? a police officer told IANS.
Nani Devi?s brother Raju Kumar had come to visit his sister with his children — Pinki, 2, and Suresh, 4.
Nani Devi took the children, along with her 5-year-old daughter Pesha, to the fields Monday morning.
?While Nani Devi was working, the children were playing around. Suddenly, people nearby noticed that all of them were missing. Soon, their bodies were recovered from the pond nearby,? said the officer.
Police said Nani Devi used to tell her husband Om Prakash, a farmer, that she wanted to commit suicide as god had snatched her son from her.
- Woman jumps before train with two children, run over - Jun 25, 2012
- Woman commits suicide along with two sons in Rajasthan - Jul 27, 2012
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- Mother kills daughter, commits suicide - Jul 04, 2011
- 7 child labourers drown in Rajasthan - Apr 10, 2012
- Woman, three kids drowned - Sep 12, 2010
- FIR against Sikar government hospital head - Aug 28, 2012
- Two young boys drown in a Rajasthan pond - Aug 10, 2012
- Two fathers and their daughters drown in Maharashtra - Apr 16, 2012
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
- Angered over no sons, man kills wife, daughter in UP - Aug 14, 2012
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011