Woman doctor kills herself over failed affairDecember 5th, 2011 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Dec 5 (IANS) A 26-year-old woman doctor jumped in front of a train here Monday over a failed relationship, police said.
Ankita Shukla, posted at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences (IHBAS) in Shahdara, Delhi, lived in Karol Bagh area of the capital.
Her body, severed in two pieces, was found on the railway track between Mohan Nagar and Sahibabad railway station.
Police said she was in a relationship with a man named Ratan, which was revealed from her mobile phone recovered near the track.
A recent SMS to Ratan read: “You are a weak man so I have no option but to commit suicide for which you are solely responsible. Still, I love you a lot.”
Police also found a Delhi-Ghaziabad railway ticket.
“Prima facie, it seems to be a case of suicide but investigation is still on. Medical details and other information would be put on record only after the autopsy report,” Ghaziabad Superintendent of Police (city) J.K. Shahi said.
–Indo-Asian News Sevice
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- Four of family killed in town near Ghaziabad - Jan 07, 2012
- Independent candidate shot at in Ghaziabad - Feb 27, 2012
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Missing youth's mutilated body found - Jul 31, 2011
- Man commits suicide after being tortured - Jan 13, 2012
- Ghaziabad councillor found murdered - Jul 22, 2011
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Train hits car, drags it for a kilometre - Sep 16, 2010
- Five choke to death as house catches fire - Jan 04, 2011
- Robbers kill passenger aboard train - Feb 04, 2010
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Student run over by train - Jan 29, 2012