Woman doctor commits suicide in DelhiMarch 18th, 2011 - 12:45 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) A 27-year-old woman doctor committed suicide by hanging herself at her home in north Delhi, police said Thursday.
Divyani Gangwar, 27, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her house in Rohini. Her husband, Abhisekh Gangwar, 30, is also a doctor and they were married in 2007.
“They practiced together at their private clinic in Sector 3 and have a daughter around three years old,” a senior police officer said.
According to police, when Abhisekh returned home Wednesday night around 9 p.m., he found the doors bolted from inside. He knocked repeatedly but got no answer. So, he broke open the door and found Divyani hanging from the ceiling fan.
“The body has been sent for post-mortem examination and the family members, including the husband, are being questioned. No suicide note was left behind,” the police officer added.
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances - May 19, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi zoo - May 05, 2010
- Decomposed body of woman found - Dec 10, 2011
- Mother kills daughter, commits suicide - Jul 04, 2011
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
- Class 5 student hangs himself to death in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Domestic help commits suicide - Dec 27, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,