Woman dies in wall collapseJanuary 8th, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 7 (IANS) A 62-year-old woman was killed Saturday when a wall collapsed in south Delhi, police said.
The incident, which was reportedly due to digging work nearby by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, occurred near from the gurudwara in Krishna Market of Lajpat Nagar, a police official said.
Kamlesh, a resident of B-130 Lajpat Nagar, was buried under the debris. She was extricated and taken to All Indian Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre where doctors declared her dead.
“No other people were reported injured in the incident,” said the official, adding a case has been registered and an inquiry into the matter initiated on to find out the exact cause of the accident.
- Girl seriously injured in wall collapse - Feb 05, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- Man crushed to death in Delhi - Oct 06, 2011
- Five kids killed as wall collapses - Sep 03, 2011
- Afghan national jumps from shopping mall, survives - Feb 23, 2012
- Four kids of family buried alive in Ghaziabad (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Six trapped in Delhi roof collapse - Jan 13, 2011
- Six killed in Maharashtra wall collapse - Aug 19, 2010
- Eight labourers killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Seven killed when building collapses in Old Delhi, India - Sep 28, 2011
- Five kids of family buried alive in Ghaziabad - Feb 09, 2011
- Rescue operations on at Delhi building collapse site - May 18, 2011
- Two killed, two injured in wall collapses - May 13, 2012
Tags: debris, delhi police, doctors, exact cause, gurudwara, jan 7, krishna, lajpat nagar, medical sciences, municipal corporation of delhi, New Delhi, old woman, police official, south delhi, trauma centre, wall collapse