Woman dies after jumping from metro station terraceMay 4th, 2012 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) In the second such incident in as many days, a 27-year-old woman died Friday afternoon after jumping from the terrace of a metro station in West Delhi, police said.
The incident took place at Kirti Nagar metro station at around 12.30 p.m.
According to eyewitnesses, she entered the metro station and suddenly jumped from the terrace onto the road.
Aarti, mother of a 15-month-old child, was rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital where she succumbed to her injuries, police said, adding that no suicide note was recovered from her.
Her father Ratan Singh has registered a police complaint alleging that his daughter was being harassed by her in-laws for dowry which led to her committing suicide.
She resided at Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flats in Madipur in west Delhi’s Punjabi Bagh area along with her in-laws.
“She got married two-and-half year ago to Anil Yadav, who is in the Indian Navy and is posted in Delhi Cantonment area,” said B.S. Gurjar, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Railway).
The incident occurred a day after a 25-year-old woman employed with HDFC Bank committed suicide by jumping from the terrace of MG Road Metro station in Gurgaon. She was also apparently disturbed over her in-laws harassing her for dowry.
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Woman jumps off Delhi metro station - Aug 27, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- Woman falls from Metro station platform, injured (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
Tags: cantonment area, commissioner of police, committed suicide, committing suicide, dda flats, delhi cantonment, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi police, deputy commissioner, dowry, gurjar, indian navy, metro station, mg road, police complaint, punjabi bagh, ratan singh, suicide note, west delhi