Woman dies after domestic help drugs, robs family (Lead)June 7th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, June 7 (IANS) A woman died while four of her family members and the family cook fell critically ill after they were heavily drugged by another domestic help, who decamped with household goods, in New Delhi’s satellite town Noida, the police said Saturday. The incident occurred Friday night at industrialist Ajay Maini’s rented residence in Noida’s Sector 50. Maini, 40, his wife Sandhya, 38, son Rakshhak, 15 and their relative’s daughter Sara, 3 along with cook Raju were drugged. Sandhya died while the rest are in hospital.
Senior Superintendent of Police Noida R.K. Chaturvedi said it appeared to be a case of robbery, but further details would be available only after Ajay Maini regained consciousness.
“We have registered a case, sealed the house and questioned five suspects. Besides servant Akash, more people may have been involved,” he said.
Satish Madra, who is the landlord and resides on the ground floor of the house, said: “Ajay Maini is an industrialist in the field of steel fabrication. He was residing on the first floor of the house with his four relatives and two servants. Raju, their cook, had been with the family for a number of years.”
About three months back, Maini employed a Nepali servant, Akash alias Raj Kumar, who is absconding after the incident.
Madra said: “In the morning I was planning to go to the gymnasium, but found Ajay’s car parked behind mine. I rang their bell and called them up but did not get any response. Then I left with my friend in his car.
“After returning, I again pressed the bell but still got no response. Then I called the neighbours and when we went upstairs, the house was bolted from outside. We found the entire family either unconscious or semi-conscious.
“Maini’s wife’s hads and legs were tied with a rope and the house was ransacked. All almirahs, wardrobes, even the locker of the almirah were found open. We called the police and took the victims to Prayag Hospital where doctors declared Sandhya dead.”
Their stomachs have been washed and they are recovering, said S.K. Sahu, one of the doctors who treated the victims.
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Noida police register case of burglary, poisoning - Jun 08, 2008
- Noida police to make servant verification mandatory - Jun 09, 2008
- Three of family poisoned by domestic help - Jun 15, 2008
- Retired banker found murdered in Kanpur - Apr 16, 2011
- Three of family poisoned by domestic help in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 15, 2008
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Man held for murdering former employer's wife - Mar 08, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Man 'tricks' girlfriend into committing suicide - Apr 18, 2011
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012