Woman denied admission, delivers baby outside maternity centreOctober 14th, 2008 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) A 30-year-old woman delivered a baby girl outside a state-run maternity centre after she was denied admission, the police said Tuesday. The incident took place at around 9 p.m. Monday at a Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) run maternity centre at Paschim Vihar in west Delhi.
“The woman’s family told us that they took Babita with them to the centre. But the nurse refused to admit her,” said a police official.
On this, they came out and her husband, Suresh, called the police. By the time the police reached, Babita delivered a baby girl near the maternity centre gate.
The police then got her admitted to the centre, where both mother and children were doing fine.
An MCD official said: “A thorough enquiry will be conducted in the matter. But as per the initial reports, her husband was drunk and took her away against the medical staff’s advice.”
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- A long, endless wait at Ranchi women's remand home - May 24, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Man held for killing 3-year-old niece - Mar 26, 2011
- Woman delivers on road in Odisha, NHRC issues notice - Apr 12, 2012
- Woman dumps new-born girl from moving vehicle - Feb 09, 2012
- Girl dies after being thrashed, thrown down by uncle (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- BPO employee commits suicide in Delhi - Dec 23, 2010
- 3-year-old girl dies after being thrashed by uncle - Mar 25, 2011
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Bengal hospital gets clean chit in patient denial case - Jan 15, 2012
- Battered baby battles for life, parents untraceable - Jan 27, 2012
- Battered baby critical, government offers support (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Man held for raping minor daughter - Mar 24, 2011