Woman defrauds step-sister in ChennaiApril 23rd, 2008 - 12:29 am ICT by admin
Chennai, April 22 (IANS) A woman was arrested Tuesday on charges of cheating a private bank to the tune Rs.3.7 million by forging property documents belonging to her sibling,the police said. Police sources said their investigations based on the complaint of Filomena Rani, 60, established that her step-sister R. Lemaraj, 50, fraudulently pledged immovable property belonging to Rani worth Rs.9 million to IndusInd Bank for Rs.3.7 million and defaulted.
Bank officials discovered the truth when they tried to take possession of 7,200 sq ft of land in the south western suburbs here. They alerted R. Vincent, the stepbrother of the accused, who in turn informed the real owner Rani, whose husband Ponnusamy had purchased the property two decades ago and migrated to France, officials said.
Rani rushed to Chennai and filed a complaint, police sources added.
Lemaraj, born to Rani’s late father Raj’s second wife, has been remanded in judicial custody by a local court.
- Insurance regulator slaps Rs.1.5 million fine on IndusInd Bank - Jul 06, 2012
- IndusInd Bank Q2 profit rises 71 percent - Oct 11, 2010
- IndusInd Bank quarterly net profit rises 30.5 percent - Apr 19, 2012
- IndusInd Bank raises $253 mn through QIP - Sep 27, 2010
- PNB raises interest rate on NRE term deposits - Dec 27, 2011
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- UCO Bank partners Religare for internet trading services - Apr 25, 2011
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Bank of India raises interest rates on NRE term deposits - Dec 29, 2011
- Australian booked for cheating in Goa - Jul 07, 2011
- SBI, PNB hike interest rate on NRE term deposits (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Hinduja Leyland Finance to disburse Rs.850 crore - Apr 01, 2010
- IndusInd Bank bags mandate for Haj Business - Aug 10, 2009
- Hindujas eye hotel industry, strategic partner for IndusInd Bank - Oct 14, 2008