Woman complains of molestation at Delhi metro stationAugust 28th, 2008 - 1:22 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) A woman Wednesday complained that she was molested by a security personnel at a Delhi metro station, though an official said the guard had frisked her mistaking her for a man.“The incident took place at around 10 a.m. at the Welcome metro station,” said a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) official.
“CISF head constable Sher Singh mistook the woman for a man due to her clothes and tried to drag her out while she was standing in the queue for women. The woman slapped Sher Singh and while he was trying to save himself his hand accidentally broke a button of her clothes,” the official added.
“However, as soon as he realised he was dealing with a woman he withdrew his hand and apologized. But the woman, feeling humiliated, started shouting and called police,” he said.
The CISF has set an inquiry committee on the incident.
“We will take appropriate action against Sher Singh if he is found guilty,” the official said.
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Chinese woman saved from coming under metro train - Aug 15, 2011
- Metro services to be normal on Independence Day - Aug 12, 2010
- Two held for Delhi Metro brawl - Feb 01, 2012
- Parking lots to be shut, Metro will run (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Eight women pickpockets arrested from Delhi Metro station - May 03, 2012
- Man shot at in Metro station - Feb 04, 2012
- Woman carrying pistol held at Metro station - Jul 30, 2011
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Woman branded as witch, molested in Rajasthan - Jun 25, 2012
- 8,000 security personnel to guard I-Day celebrations - Aug 12, 2010
- Chinese hostage-taker shot dead - Jul 20, 2012
- Gasoline, cigarette kill man - Mar 01, 2012