Woman commits suicide in ChandigarhDecember 16th, 2008 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 16 (IANS) A 26-year-old woman, who was married for a little over a year, committed suicide Tuesday by hanging herself at her parent’s home here, the police said.”Neha was married to Deepak on Aug 22, 2007. Deepak works in a telecom company at Noida (in Uttar Pradesh). But for the last one month she was staying at her parents’ house here in Sector 32, Chandigarh,” Sudarshan Thakur, investigating officer of the case, told IANS.
“We have also found a suicide note from the spot, written by the deceased. She has written that nobody is responsible for her death and her husband should not be allowed to touch her dead body,” said Thakur.
A police official said that there is a possibility of dowry harassment and they have received information the couple was having an estranged relation for the past few months.
- Pilot's wife commits suicide, police suspect dowry death - Feb 19, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Bihar teacher beaten to death for dowry - Mar 21, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Court acquits man accused of torturing daughter-in-law - Jun 28, 2011
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- IT executive arrested for abetting wife's suicide - Jun 06, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Man gets 10-year jail for wife's dowry death - Jul 14, 2010
- Married woman found dead, parents suspect murder - Mar 08, 2011
- Army officer surrenders in dowry case - Nov 15, 2011
- Woman booked for husband's suicide - May 15, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012