Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead)June 4th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) A 31-year-old woman committed suicide by jumping before a Metro at the Tilak Nagar station here Monday, officials said. This is the fifth such incident in over a month.
Seema Anand was severely injured when she was extricated from the tracks, a Delhi Metro official said. She died on way to a hospital.
A resident of Hari Nagar in west Delhi, Anand jumped from the platform at 9.58 a.m. when the Metro from Dwarka had already slowed down, added the official.
“The reason behind the suicide is not known. No suicide note was recovered,” Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Gurjar said.
“Initial inquiry reveals she was unmarried. Her family is being questioned,” he said.
Four suicide cases were reported last month from various Delhi Metro stations.
On May 8, a 22-year-old man committed suicide by jumping from an elevated Delhi Metro station, while a 55-year-old man allegedly attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Delhi Metro train at south Delhi’s INA station on May 5.
On May 4, an unidentified woman killed herself by jumping from the Kirti Nagar Metro station, just a day after a 25-year-old woman, employed with a bank, ended her life after jumping from the terrace of the MG Road Metro station in Gurgaon.
- Woman commits suicide at Metro station (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station - May 05, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman jumps off Delhi metro station - Aug 27, 2012
- Track record (To go with Metro suicide story) - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman injured after falling from Metro station platform - Feb 14, 2012
- Woman falls from Metro station platform, injured (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Delhi Metro tries to curb suicides at stations - Sep 06, 2012
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping before Metro train (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- Fourth suicide at Delhi Metro premises in 6 days (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Metro employee commits suicide - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: commissioner of police, delhi metro, deputy commissioner, gurjar, initial inquiry, kirti nagar, metro station, metro stations, mg road, New Delhi, old man, old woman, south delhi, suicide cases, suicide note, tilak nagar, train, unidentified woman, west delhi