Woman commits suicide after fight with husbandApril 3rd, 2012 - 1:30 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) Enraged over her husband’s choice of tutor for their daughter, a 39-year-old woman in west Delhi committed suicide, police said Monday.
According to police, Tejinder Kaur and Jasbir Singh’s 14-year-old daughter had failed in her Class 9 examinations and worried by her poor performance, Singh took her to his sister for tuition.
Apparently, Kaur didn’t agree with her husband’s choice of tutor and committed suicide by hanging from a fan in their Vikas Puri home.
However, police claim there had been tension between the two previously.
“No suicide note was found and it’s been more than 17 years since their marriage so we can rule out dowry death. The only apparent cause is the marital discord,” a police official told IANS.
Singh has an electrician’s shop in Punjabi Bagh area. The couple also had a 10 year old son.
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman kills three kids, commits suicide - Oct 19, 2011
- Punjab man gets 10-year jail for wife's dowry death - Oct 28, 2010
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Naval woman kills self at Metro station - Dec 14, 2011
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman fakes suicide by killing 80-year-old beggar - Mar 19, 2011
- Woman immolates self, two children in Moradabad - Jun 15, 2011
- Engineer goes missing in Kashmir - Mar 04, 2012
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Techie returns from US to commit suicide - Sep 03, 2012
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Suicide bid at Delhi Metro station - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: 17 years, apparent cause, committed suicide, dowry death, electrician, jasbir singh, kaur, marital discord, marriage, New Delhi, old woman, police claim, police official, poor performance, punjabi bagh, suicide note, tension, tutor, west delhi