Woman chops off husband’s headDecember 24th, 2008 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 24 (IANS) A woman allegedly chopped off her husband’s head in a West Bengal village as part of tantra rituals, but police Wednesday said a love affair with another man was behind the murder.The incident took place at Nalhati village in Birbhum district.
According to district sources, Ranga Mondal, 22, along with her three friends, hacked her husband Subrato’s head with an axe at their residence Tuesday night as part of tantra practices.
However, district police superintendent L.N. Meena said: “We have not got any evidence yet that suggests Mondal killed her husband as a part of tantra rituals.
“In fact, we have found that the woman was involved with another man and may be that led to an altercation between the man and the wife, resulting in the murder.”
“We have arrested Mondal and her three friends, including two men and a woman,” Meena said.
- Woman killed over a goat in Bengal - Jun 07, 2012
- Another Assam woman killed for suspected witchcraft - Apr 18, 2011
- Woman killed in row over goat (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Mother hacks off daughter's body parts - Feb 19, 2011
- 'Princess' beheads sexual harasser - Jan 20, 2012
- Mother kills daughter, hacks off body parts (Lead) - Feb 19, 2011
- Three murdered in West Bengal - Jul 10, 2010
- Woman kills alcoholic husband in Odisha - Jul 23, 2012
- Man's genitals chopped off in Bihar - Mar 04, 2012
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Fourth man charged over murder of Indian origin woman in UK - Aug 15, 2010
- Haryana woman held for child's murder - Dec 09, 2011
- Teenager held in Chhattisgarh for killing woman - Jun 20, 2011
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Angry with wife, man kills son - Jun 14, 2011