Woman calls cops after cafe waitress says she smellsAugust 4th, 2012 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) A 61-year-old British woman called police after she felt insulted when a waitress at a cafe told her she had body odour.
June Morris said it was a “verbal assault” when the waitress at a cafe in Blackwood, South Wales called her smelly, the Daily Mail reported.
“I couldn’t believe it. I don’t smell. I was always taught by my mum and dad to keep myself clean,” Morris said.
She said she was informed that the waitress made the derogatory comment as she walked past.
When the waitress returned, Morris confronted her.
“She repeated that I smelled. I couldn’t believe it! I went up to the manager to complain but he said she was only joking and just laughed it off. But I didn’t find it very funny at all when it was in a cafe full of people. I took great offence - and I decided to report it to police immediately,” she said.
The cafe owner apologised, saying it was “friendly banter” and that the affair was a complete misunderstanding.
- Breastfeeding women hold protest after abuse in cafe - Jul 05, 2012
- British PM returns to Italian cafe to tip waitress - Aug 08, 2011
- Sean Parker tipped a waitress $5000 - Oct 04, 2011
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Sounds, smells help people learn while asleep? - Aug 27, 2012
- Deodorant to save smelly birds in NZ on the anvil - Sep 24, 2010
- Stinking of rotten fish, woman took 10 showers a day - Apr 17, 2012
- Waitress scolds British PM, asks to stand in queue - Jul 05, 2012
- My character is heart of 'Drive Angry': Amber Heard - Feb 25, 2011
- World's smelliest holiday spots are in Mexico, Italy, France - Mar 08, 2011
- Anxiety helps people sniff out danger - Mar 23, 2012
- Livid Brit cafe owner warned "smell of frying bacon offends Muslims" - Oct 22, 2010
- UK cafe owner wins extractor fan appeal over claims frying bacon offended Muslims - Mar 31, 2011
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- Madonna's attention terrifies Antonio Banderas - Aug 10, 2011