Woman beats two children to deathMarch 1st, 2012 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 1 (IANS) In a ghastly incident, a woman beat two small children of a family to death in a village in Shimla district while a third girl was injured, police said Thursday.
The woman, who has been arrested, said she was possessed by some spirit which directed her to commit the crime.
The incident occurred at Toladhar village in Kupvi tehsil near Chopal town, some 120 km from Shimla, Wednesday.
“She repeatedly hit the children - one 10-month old boy and second three-and-half-year old girl - with sticks till they died,” Deputy Superintendent of police N.S. Negi told IANS.
The third, a child, who is two-and-half years old, got grievous injuries.
Negi said the mental balance of the woman, Been Devi, seemed all right.
“She said the crime was committed on the order of the evil spirit,” he added.
At the time of the crime, the parents of the children were not at home.
A case of murder was registered at the Chopal police station Thursday on the statement of the children’s mother, Asha Devi.
- Eight killed in Himachal accident - Jan 12, 2012
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Toll in Himachal bus accident rises to three - Jul 29, 2010
- Woman branded witch, brutally tortured in Rajasthan - Nov 06, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman branded a witch, beaten up in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Bus falls into rivulet in Himachal, two killed - Jul 27, 2010
- Poverty-stricken woman sells infant to pay debt - Sep 04, 2012
- Sons, daughters-in-law arrested for parading widowed mother half naked - Aug 24, 2012
- One more body recovered in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Woman commits suicide along with two sons in Rajasthan - Jul 27, 2012
- One arrested in Himachal for slaughtering cow - Feb 12, 2010
- Himachal bus accident: Five victims still missing (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Rajasthan woman branded as 'witch', tortured - Aug 06, 2011